Friday, November 09, 2001

tibetan bells

I had a discussion last night at a jam session about how I've made a habit of hearing a song and then hearing the song a fourth away from its root while listening to it at the same time. I achieved this the first time by putting a harmonizer on a song I heard on the radio. Then I began listening to every song that came on the radio this way--in the original key and then a fourth away from the root simultaneously.

I found out last night from a guy who calls himself the Hungarian Philosopher that Tibetan Monks have bells that they wear on their heads. One is a root and one is a fourth from the root. They wear the root on one side, and a fourth above on the other side. This is supposed to put the hemispheres of their brain in sync as a form of meditation.

This is self-discovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home