Thursday, February 27, 2003



I'll miss you, Fred Rogers...

I remember seeing you on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show and saw how hemocked you in front of your face! The crowd laughed at Johnny's antics while he tried to mock and shame you. You are the gentle in gentleman and I would watch your show whenever I could.

Later on in my young adulthood, some of us grew angry with you because you made us sensitive, feeling men and the young women thought we were such wimps and the jocks in the world bowled over us because we were different. I was angry with you for a minute because people turned out to be rude, malicious and hateful and we felt betrayed.

We were betrayed by a sick society and not by you. I'm sorry. We will remember your genuine kindness and teach our children the same lessons. I promise!

And when I see you on the other side, you'll have things you'll want to talk about. I will too.

Bye, Neighbor...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home