Friday, December 06, 2002

I've spent the majority of my life being an advocate for all kinds of music. I am done talking about it. I now read others who have the same passion I had and I find very interesting, entertaining as well as frustrating to see that the issues of art have not gotten any better. I really don't have any more to add that could benefit this particular discussion board but I do enjoy reading what some of myfellow crazies come up with. This is a message from the Atlanta Jazz Yahoo discussion group:


Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:45:08 -0500
From: Janet Metzger
Subject: Haiku # 3 for holiday gigs

That plate of hors d'oeuvres
Cost more than we're getting paid
Think we underbid?

She's great, isn't she!?
I've been playing professionally for 31 years. I've seen too much but I feel I've just begun to understand and see clearly. I think this knowledge is what is tiring me out. Do you think I should have became a doctor? I had doctor friends who wanted so much to play music full time an I would tell them that they did things right. Get in - play until you get sick of the bullshit- get out. Do it again every so often to remind yourself that there is such a thing called balance and you will truly enjoy the beauty of music [or any high art form].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home