Sunday, January 01, 2006

Thousands in Times Square Ring in 2006 - Yahoo! News

Thousands in Times Square Ring in 2006 - Yahoo! News

Ah yes, I rushed home from my theatre gig to spend the last remaining minutes of 2005 with my family. Couldn't find a channel that was carrying the Times Square ball until we switched to Univision...other stations were running their last minute commercials at 11:58 and a half.

Finally found ABC AFTER the ball dropped and thought I heard Dick Clark. I thought it was Dick Clark by default but it didn't sound quite like Dick. I heard he was coming back this year but I'm thinking maybe another year in speech therapy would be in order...

What really got me was right before commercial break he started talking about how New Years got its start in Babylonia 12,000 years ago...I'm thinkin 'Dick, you must've been there,' and I'm not being mean spirited! We were just in shock seeing this man we've watched since we were in our single digits [coming up in the 'old days'] sounding like a drunken grandfather... I must say he looks younger than he sounds.

I have to express these things because we're aghast watching this whole thing take place in front of our eyes: Our own aging. Hilary Duff comes on after DC singing some lame tune that would be humanly impossible if she wasn't track singing and I watch my daughter in front of the TV singing the song in unison with Hilary. I didn't know Jenna even knew this song but she sang the whole thing. She's in tune with what's going on. We've let go of the hype years ago along with Santa...

I'm looking at Dick Clark in disbelief. If he's aged, what's happened to me? Having this scene in front of me is teaching acceptance of where I am and where I'm going.

PS.I'm looking at Hilary Duff. I'm thinking Disney put a curse on her. Can you see that contract? "If you leave us, we will turn you into a praying mantis."

I'm sorry...not trying to be evil here...but, to me HD looked different when she was on Disney.
Okay, enough of my New Years rant...

I guess I'm just now realizing time waits for no one. It's a new year...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home